DVLA D4 Driver HGV Medical Lincoln
HGV Medical & PCV Medicals Lincoln
HGV Medical Lincoln
Booking Your HGV & PCV Medical
The Driver and Vehicle Licencing Agency (DVLA) requires HGV Drivers to be in reasonably good health in order to legally operate commercial vehicles on public roads.
To complete a HGV medical or PCV medical in Lincoln you will need to be assessed by a doctor who will verify that you are fit to drive this type of vehicle.
Low-cost Driver medicals, we are local, competent & our experienced doctors will complete your driver medical at a time to suit you.
There are many hoops to jump through when it comes to getting or renewing your HGV Drivers licence. Arguably the biggest hurdle among aspiring or experienced commercial Drivers hoping to secure or renew their licence is the HGV medical exam.
What does a Driver Medical Involve?
The examination will only take around 15-30 minutes. It includes an eye test, Blood pressure check, physical examination and BMI Check. You will be asked questions about the following topics:
- cardiovascular system including high Blood pressure.
- endocrine system such as diabetes
- musculoskeletal such as back pain
- neurological such as stroke
- psychiatric such as depression.
- Alcohol and drug history
You will be interviewed by the Doctor, and have the opportunity to discuss any existing medical conditions that may interfere with safe driving. Your medical history will also be discussed.
How often do I need a D4 Driver Medical Test?
D4 drivers must have medicals as follows:
- At first application of your provisional Category C1 (7.5t), C (rigid) or D1 (minibus), D (bus) licence.
- When you turn 45 you will need to do another medical followed by one every 5 years after that until aged 65.
- When you turn 65 you will need a medical every year
We service the following areas for HGV Driver Medicals:
Brigg, Newark, Lincoln, Hull, Scunthorpe, Grimsby, Selby, Doncaster, Google, Gainsbrough
Check List Of What To Bring
Areas we serve for HGV Medical
BRIGG – HULL – SCUNTHORPE – GRIMSBY – DONCASTER – GOOLE – SELBY – GAINSBROUGH – LINCOLN – NEWARK